Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Knowledge


Ever since I started working, I always had the thought that course taught in school is of little uses. This perception has also been widely "shared" with fellow colleagues.
Today, I had a chance to talk to R&D VP from another company. To his background, it is his inclination to share theoretical reasoning - so far off from the practical stuff that we did day-to-day. We were, in great desperation of practical methods, and this innovative idea comes as THE ANSWER to everything that we face. I reached my natural-high when I learnt the power of theory in face of complexity.
Practical has its limitation, without theory governing THE WAY. Not knowing the theory, we are trying to clear out path in jungle, without using a compass. Also, I am damn wrong about schooling. Knowledge, is as good as dead, if we do not pull it off the books.
I think, we need to learn how to use the knowledge, more than learning knowledge.

No comments: