Friday, April 08, 2005

Birthday!?

Ha~ it is a coincident that I started blogging a day before my birthday. I am not someone who is so anxious towards birthday. I thought I could lead my birthday peacefully, even without any celebration.

Just few hours before 12am (wonder why birthday greetings and celebration must be done at that time), my girlfriend was with me. We were preparing for exam… what a date har? I was just doing my stuff like any other days. When it was almost 12am, my girlfriend wondered why the greetings didn’t come yet. It kept me wondering too. Hmm, I felt the little surge of desire from the bottom of my heart, that I do hope to receive some greetings? weird… as I thought I am not anxious about it. After having this little sense, I again telling myself not to anticipate anything. You know… the more you anticipate, the more you will be despaired.

“Happy Birthday to You… Happy Birthday to You… “ the somehow familiar song came from outside. At first, I could not believe it. Then, I wonder who were behind the door. Finally, my friends, Nam, Jen, GeokTeng appeared! Ha~ it was quite unexpected. I loved the feeling of being surprised. With the birthday song, the simple meaning of friendship touched my heart. I am indeed grateful for this simple act. It is simply sweet in the heart. It is a kind of sweetness that would not exhaust your feeling, and will always last for longer time. Again, a grateful thank to these people who spend their time at the most “kan cheong” hours. People said: a true friend is easily found amongst drunkard, gambler, more precisely those from lower class of society. But, I still could see the simple meaning of friendship being reflected amongst educated people.

Not the least, hihi~~ a name must be mentioned – Junnie, thanks for her peanut as birthday “cake” =P

No comments: